One of the reasons why you started using monday.com, could be like me, because you’re more a visual person who like colors and symbols. So, you may also like using emojis and icons in your projects.
If you’re not utilizing emojis yet, they are a great way to emphasize content and convey information. Emojis can also work to build positive emotional associations among teammates. Don’t we say a picture is worth a thousand words?
Of course, there are another nice feature in monday.com like automations, integrations and formulas but those will be for other day.
Here there are some tricks to get an emoji keyboard almost anywhere:
– On Mac OS, use the key command CTRL+ALT+SPACEBAR.
– On Windows, use “Windows key + .” or right click, and select “Emoji”.
This link is also a good resource to find emojis because you can perform a search by name or description. Then copy/paste it in your monday.com workspace:
You can utilize emojis in all places of your workspace. You can incorporate them as a prefix in folders, team names, board names, item and subitem names and in columns.
I have created over time my own Emoji project with the suggestions I have identified from several sources and collaboration tools. I use it for retrieving the ones I utilize more often. When I want to use them, I just copy/paste them.
Below there is a list of some emojis and their possible meaning in a work environment. You can select the best ones for your uses case.
If you are part of a big organization, you may also think about things like:
· Which emojis are accepted and which are off limit?
· When are emojis forbidden? Projects with clients, for example, might be an emoji-free zone, while marketing materials remain emoji-friendly.
· Who is responsible for deciding which emojis will be used?
· When is an emoji an acceptable substitute for a word, and when is it not?
· Consider creating a glossary or cheat sheet so that everyone is on the same page.
I hope it may serve as inspiration for creating and managing emojis within monday.com. You can contact me if you need additional details about how to implement this process.
If you want to know more about all the possibilities of monday.com visit this page: monday.com services
Get Our News First
Monthly updates about the latest in process management, software and what's happening at our partners.
Don't forget to sign up for the blog feeds